Summer Reading 2016
Our summer reading program features great suggested titles and reading incentives, fun (free!) programs for all ages. Participating in summer reading is an easy and fun way for kids to stay engaged with reading during the summer months and avoid the dreaded "summer slide" of learning loss.
The Summer Reading Program runs from June 21 (the last day of school) through September 3. Kids can pick up their reading logs starting June 21.
Summer Reading is as easy as... 1 -- 2 -- 3!
Step 1: Sign-Up for a Reading Log
This can be done at either the Children’s Ask! Desk at the library or at our Islington Branch.
Step 2: Read
Keep track of the amount of time that you read using your Reading Log. All reading counts – including books read to you or that you listen to as an audiobook.
Step 3: Get Raffle Tickets -or- Pick a Small Prize
Bring your reading log to either the Children’s Ask! Desk or the Islington Branch and receive a raffle ticket or choose a small prize from our treasure chest for every 2 hours that you read!
Logging Your Reading:
- Fill out a star on your Reading Log for every 15 minutes you read
- For every 2 hours you get:
- A grand prize raffle ticket OR a small prize of your choice from the treasure chest
- The first kids to reach the end of the "Overtime Roud" of 50 hours read gets a “Summer Reading Champion Lives Here” lawn sign.
Summer Reading Raffles 2016
Raffle tickets are given out for every 2 hours of reading and children may enter the raffle of their choice
- Grand Prizes: A David Ortiz signed baseball, a pizza party at Lifetime Fitness, a ride to the first day of school by the Westwood Fire Department, a FitBit Prize Basket, a Little Tykes soccer goal, a Little Tykes basketball hoop