Hours & Directions
Dear Library Readers and Users:
- Library facilities remain closed indefinitely, but we are working closely with state and town authorities on plans for a phased reopening schedule. All materials have had due dates extended until June 2020. If you have items checked out, we invite you to return all checked out items in the book drops at the Main Library and at the Islington Branch Library at your convenience.
- Visit our website at www.westwoodlibrary.org to access all digital resources.
- Library Staff can be reached a ASK A LIBRARIAN to provide assistance via phone or email.
- No Overdues! All fines are being eliminated!
- Free WiFi Access is available in the Main Library parking lot: Westwood Public (Password: wwdlib2013).
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Main Library and the Islington Branch. In the interim, we hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.
Sincerely, Library Staff and Trustees
Library Staff Contact Information
Main Library: 781-326-7562
Tricia Perry, Library DIrector: 781-320-1041
Ask a Librarian: https://www.westwoodlibrary.org/services/ask-a-librarian
24/7 OPTIONS Ebooks & Digital Downloads Please contact library staff if you would like assistance navigating any of these options.
Hoopla provides online and mobile access to eBooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies, and TV.
Kanopy Video-streaming platform delivers a diverse collection of 30,000+ enriching films — including The Great Courses®, World Cinema, Documentaries, Indie Films and more. Kanopy is available to stream anytime and anywhere — from desktop to TV to tablet.
Libby, by OverDrive Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only)! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users.
Mango Languages Mango offers users a personalized, adaptive language-learning experience that provides the tools and guidance you need to expand your language skills wherever and however you learn best. Choose from over 70 world languages, including English. Type in Westwood's zipcode 02090 to create your account.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Library Staff. Thank you!
To access the calendar of events, including holidays, click here.
660 High Street, Westwood, MA 02090
Islington Branch Library is open in it's temporary location at the Islington Community Center.
Temporary Location: 288 Washington Street, Westwood, MA 02090
Directions to Main Library - 660 High Street:
From north or south, take exit 16B off Interstate 95. This exit is Route 109 (High Street). Drive approximately 1.5 miles. The Library is located one block beyond Town Hall and Police Station (on your left) and next to the Rockland Trust bank. On-site parking is available.
Directions to Islington Branch - 288 Washington Street:
From north or south, take exit 14 off Interstate 95. Take East St. approximately 1.25 miles. At the traffic light, turn right. The Library is located in the former sanctuary space inside the Islington Community Center. Parking is available behind the Library and in the CVS/municipal lot on Washington Street.