What's a book birthday, you ask? It's the day the book comes into our world -- its publish date! Each Tuesday lots of new books welcome new readers to their pages for the first time. Here are some books celebrating their birthday in September!Read More
Browse by Category
- The Benefits of Learning American Sign Language for All Kids
- Lowering Anxiety and Raising the Confidence for Young Reader
- Creative Kids
- Best Books for a Belly Chuckle
- Never Bored with Board Books
- Mother Daughter Book Club: The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- Spring Songs to Sing with One Another
- What’s for Dinner: Cooking for Your Family
- Fall 2016 Kids’ Programs!
- Summer Reading Winners!
- New Book of the Week/ Old Favorite Edition: Mrs. Biddlebox by Linda Smith
- Welcome to Storytime!
- Just How Important is it to Finish a Book?
- Shelfie: Lizzy’s July Reads
- STEM in the Children’s Reading Garden
- Summer Reading has begun!
- New Book of the Week: The Little Mouse Santi by David Eugene Ray
- Gardening with Kids
- New Book of the Week: Bike On, Bear by Cynthea Liu
- Getting to Know Local Authors and Illustrators of Massachusetts
- Summer Reading Champion Signs Ready for Pick up!
- New Book of the Week: ‘Girl in Glass’ by Deanna Fei
- The Westwood Library Children’s Department is More Than Just a Place to Grab Your Books
- Creative Kids Program at the Library
- Alternative Ways for a Child to Enjoy Reading
- Shelfie: Lizzy’s June Reads
- Shelfie: Hannah’s June Reads
- Westwood Connections: Connecting Adoptive Families in and Around Westwood
- Trends that are Changing Kid’s Lit in 2017
- 2015 6th Grade Library Visit
- Experiment Books For Your Little Mad Scientist
- The Take-Out Book Group
- Quick Pick Picture Book Bundles
- A Strong Female Lead: Early Chapter Books
- Storytime Bean Bag Fun
- Hannah’s New Book Round Up!
- Shelfie: Hannah’s July Reads
- Hook Your Reluctant Reader with Book Trailers!
- “The Snowy Day” Children’s Book Inspires Winter Crafts
- SHELFIE: Lizzy’s September Reads
- The Five Finger Rule Guide for Selecting Children’s Books
- Introducing 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten!
- Transitioning to Kindergarten
- Vote for President of the Library!
- A Strong Female Lead: Picture Books
- All About Wondrous Wednesdays
- How Can You Tell If Your Child is Ready to Read
- Hannah’s Favorite Books to Give, 2016
- Chinese New Year 2016
- From the other side of the desk in the Children’s Room
- When School Is Hard: Library Resources to Help You Help Your Child
- Summer Reading School Visits 2016
- Favorite New Picture Books
- Page Turning Titles for Boys
- Learn all about Babies & Book Storytime!
- It’s A Matter of Opinion…
- Books That Make You Go “YUMM”!
- Creative Kids Year #3 Wrap up
- November is National Adoption Awareness Month
- Making the Transition from the Children’s Department to the Teen Room
- Who Doesn’t Love a Book Birthday?: September 2017
- Ghoulishly Fun Tales for Young Readers
- Great Books for All Ages in Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Turning Your Kid’s Favorite TV Shows into Entertaining Literature
- Family Literacy and the Library: A Perfect Pair
- Destressing with Summertime Fun at the Westwood Public Library
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month
- New Release 2018 Spring Picture Book Picks
- Read of the Week: Artemis Fowl
- Read of the Week: The Twits
- Favorite Summer Reading Picks of 2017
- Seaside Reads for Your Little Beach Bums
- Winter Reads for Middle Grade and High School Teens
- Reading Seasonal Favorites with Your Family
- Read of the Week: Sophie’s Tom by Dick King-Smith
- Picture Book of the Week!: 2017 in Review
- Read of the Week: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
- Read of the Week: Murder is Bad Manners
- Read of the Week: The Princess in Black
- Supporting a young and budding author….
- Do-It-Yourself Halloween Storytime At Home
- Fun Crafts to Make With Your Favorite Storybooks
- April Spring Books Are Here!
- Favorite Halloween Tales to Excite Everyone for the Holiday!
- April Vacation Programs 2019
- What’s Blooming in Our New Children’s Garden?
- Puppy Love
- Fun Rhymes and Songs from Our Storytimes!
- Filling the Shelves with Winter Snuggle Stories
- Gobble, Gobble, Gobble Books to Celebrate Thanksgiving!
Selecting the right book for your child can make or break their relationship with reading.Read More
New trends that are driving change in the children's department during 2017.Read More
Learn more about the many ways the library supports family engagement.Read More
Every year, the Children's Room puts up a book display to celebrate Adoptive Families.Read More
Children's books about the fun and fantasy of delicious food.Read More