What's a book birthday, you ask? It's the day the book comes into our world -- its publish date! Each Tuesday lots of new books welcome new readers to their pages for the first time. Here are some books celebrating their birthday in September!Read More
Browse by Category
- The Benefits of Learning American Sign Language for All Kids
- Lowering Anxiety and Raising the Confidence for Young Reader
- Creative Kids
- Best Books for a Belly Chuckle
- Spring Songs to Sing with One Another
- Never Bored with Board Books
- Mother Daughter Book Club: The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- What’s for Dinner: Cooking for Your Family
- Fall 2016 Kids’ Programs!
- Summer Reading Winners!
- Welcome to Storytime!
- New Book of the Week/ Old Favorite Edition: Mrs. Biddlebox by Linda Smith
- Just How Important is it to Finish a Book?
- Shelfie: Lizzy’s July Reads
- STEM in the Children’s Reading Garden
- Summer Reading has begun!
- Gardening with Kids
- Getting to Know Local Authors and Illustrators of Massachusetts
- New Book of the Week: The Little Mouse Santi by David Eugene Ray
- Summer Reading Champion Signs Ready for Pick up!
- New Book of the Week: Bike On, Bear by Cynthea Liu
- Creative Kids Program at the Library
- The Westwood Library Children’s Department is More Than Just a Place to Grab Your Books
- New Book of the Week: ‘Girl in Glass’ by Deanna Fei
- Alternative Ways for a Child to Enjoy Reading
- Westwood Connections: Connecting Adoptive Families in and Around Westwood
- Experiment Books For Your Little Mad Scientist
- Shelfie: Lizzy’s June Reads
- Shelfie: Hannah’s June Reads
- Trends that are Changing Kid’s Lit in 2017
- 2015 6th Grade Library Visit
- Storytime Bean Bag Fun
- Quick Pick Picture Book Bundles
- The Take-Out Book Group
- A Strong Female Lead: Early Chapter Books
- “The Snowy Day” Children’s Book Inspires Winter Crafts
- Hannah’s New Book Round Up!
- Shelfie: Hannah’s July Reads
- Hook Your Reluctant Reader with Book Trailers!
- The Five Finger Rule Guide for Selecting Children’s Books
- SHELFIE: Lizzy’s September Reads
- Introducing 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten!
- Transitioning to Kindergarten
- Vote for President of the Library!
- How Can You Tell If Your Child is Ready to Read
- A Strong Female Lead: Picture Books
- All About Wondrous Wednesdays
- Hannah’s Favorite Books to Give, 2016
- Chinese New Year 2016
- When School Is Hard: Library Resources to Help You Help Your Child
- From the other side of the desk in the Children’s Room
- It’s A Matter of Opinion…
- Summer Reading School Visits 2016
- Page Turning Titles for Boys
- Favorite New Picture Books
- Learn all about Babies & Book Storytime!
- Books That Make You Go “YUMM”!
- Creative Kids Year #3 Wrap up
- Who Doesn’t Love a Book Birthday?: September 2017
- November is National Adoption Awareness Month
- Making the Transition from the Children’s Department to the Teen Room
- Turning Your Kid’s Favorite TV Shows into Entertaining Literature
- Ghoulishly Fun Tales for Young Readers
- Great Books for All Ages in Celebration of Mother’s Day
- Family Literacy and the Library: A Perfect Pair
- Destressing with Summertime Fun at the Westwood Public Library
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month
- New Release 2018 Spring Picture Book Picks
- Read of the Week: Artemis Fowl
- Read of the Week: The Twits
- Favorite Summer Reading Picks of 2017
- Seaside Reads for Your Little Beach Bums
- Reading Seasonal Favorites with Your Family
- Winter Reads for Middle Grade and High School Teens
- Read of the Week: Sophie’s Tom by Dick King-Smith
- Read of the Week: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
- Picture Book of the Week!: 2017 in Review
- Read of the Week: Murder is Bad Manners
- April Spring Books Are Here!
- Read of the Week: The Princess in Black
- Supporting a young and budding author….
- Fun Crafts to Make With Your Favorite Storybooks
- Do-It-Yourself Halloween Storytime At Home
- Favorite Halloween Tales to Excite Everyone for the Holiday!
- April Vacation Programs 2019
- Fun Rhymes and Songs from Our Storytimes!
- Filling the Shelves with Winter Snuggle Stories
- What’s Blooming in Our New Children’s Garden?
- Puppy Love
- Gobble, Gobble, Gobble Books to Celebrate Thanksgiving!
Selecting the right book for your child can make or break their relationship with reading.Read More
New trends that are driving change in the children's department during 2017.Read More
Learn more about the many ways the library supports family engagement.Read More
Every year, the Children's Room puts up a book display to celebrate Adoptive Families.Read More
Children's books about the fun and fantasy of delicious food.Read More