Navigate Curbside Holds / Pick-ups?
Curbside Pick-up & Book Return FAQs
“Curbside Holds Pickup" Service is available Monday- Friday, between 10 AM and 7 PM and Saturday 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
How do I place holds?
- Place holds on library materials through the Library’s Catalog, the Minuteman Mobile App, or you can phone library staff at 781-326-7562.
- Are you looking for some reading suggestions? We want to help get great books into your hands this via our new ReadNEXT: Adult Book Bundles! ReadNEXT: Adult Book Bundles are for ALL adult patrons via Curbside Pick-up (or if you are staying home, a Digital Reading List*).
- Don't know what to pick for kids and teens? Check out the librarian selected Children's & Teen's Book Bundles options. Just tell us age/grade of readers and select book bundles based on topic and genre! You can always email the kids department directly for suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-320-1042 to speak to a Children's or Teen's Librarian.
Is there a limit to the number of holds I can request?
- While the number of holds is not limited, if you can limit your holds to one library card per family, that would aid us in streamlining the holds process and will also help ensure the health and safety of library staff and customers.
How will I know when my holds are ready to be picked up?
- You will be notified when your items are ready either through email, text or a phone call depending on your library account setup.
- Please phone the library to schedule your pickup, 781-326-7562.
Where can I pick up my holds?
- When you arrive at the library during your arranged booking time, you will be able to locate your items on the shelfs. Books and bags will be arranged alphabetically by last name on the tables in the front lobby.
Are my materials already checked out to me?
- Yes, all bagged materials are check out, and a due date receipt will be included with your items. All materials are checked out for their regular loan periods.
Can I access the library building at this time?
- Limited Express Browsing by Appointment is now available!
- The Community Room has been transformed into a mini library with materials for adults and teens, including magazine bundles, new and high demand books and audiobooks, recent DVD releases, book club selections, and “staff picks”. The Gallery has been repurposed as a browsing space for children of all ages, with lots of great options to choose from and recommendations from our Children’s Librarians.
- 15 Minute appointments are available:
- 10:00 AM- 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM- 6:00 PM
- 10:00 AM-1:00 PM & 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
- 10: 30 AM-12:30 PM
- Special Hours for Seniors or immunocompromised Patrons
- 9:00 AM-10:00 AM
- Appointments are required and can be made online on the Library’s Website (go to Events and select “Express Browsing” to book a time slot.) You can also call us directly at 781-320-1081 to schedule a browsing appointment. Appointments are available every 15 minutes for an individual or a family (up to 4 people in each family group). Please enter using the door on our front porch (facing RT 109) for your browsing appointment. Face masks must be worn at all times inside the building.
- At this time, there is no public access the Islington Branch Library, and on-site programming and room bookings remain suspended. However, virtual services and programs will continue to be available through the library’s website Calendar of Events.
I want to pick up a book, but I don't have a library card. Can I sign-up for a card?
- Westwood residents can register for temporary virtual library cards through the Library’s Catalog to access curbside pickup.
I returned my library books in the outdoor book a couple of days ago, but they are still on my account. Are they lost, and will I be charged a late fee?
- All returned items enter a 48 hour quarantine before they are checked in. Your account will update after about 3 business days. No fines or late fees will be applied to your account. If a week has passed since you returned library materials, and they are still on your account, please call 781-320-1045, or 781-326-7562, email email@example.com.
- For kids and teens specific questions call 781-320-1042, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ask a Librarian.